Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

the replacements (not to be confused with the band)

The couch has been ordered and will be delivered Saturday, October 22nd!

I'm pretty sure I started a blog about a couch.

One small hiccup: I was somehow supposed to anticipate the the NY area Salvation Army would be in great demand. And that I would not be able to schedule a pickup for the old couch (nicknamed Sad Elephant, since that is what it most closely resembles in color and sagginess) until two weeks later. On a Friday, since they only send one guy out on the truck on Saturdays. Meaning not only do we have to figure out how to fit two couches in our living room for two weeks, but I also have to take a personal day to sit around waiting for the SA guys to pick up the couch. Within a 7.5 hour window.

Le sigh. This does give us lots of time to pack up other things we'd like to donate, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Or maybe we'll try to sell it on Craigslist after all.


This weekend was only productive in that I went to the gym once and did some cleaning. And for the first time ever, I ironed Husband six shirts in anticipation of his first week at a new job.

I just realized I didn't iron him any pants. Must remedy this.

I also discovered this amazing web site. You see, a couple weeks ago, my abnormally strong husband accidentally broke one of our abnormally delicate wineglasses. He was not injured, thank goodness, but the set is currently incomplete. I decided to take a look at the Mikasa website to see if miracle of miracles, they sold replacements, and of course they did not. But they did direct me to Replacements.com, which sells replacements for all kinds of glass and crystal, including sets you can still buy in stores. What a pleasant surprise! I haven't yet needed to use all eight of our wineglasses, but I do hope one day I will. And now it will be complete!

That's really all I have to say. Tomorrow I hope to give the great reveal of what our living room currently looks like. Beware. It's dark and unorganized.

No comments: