Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

a whole new flor (part one)

I should seriously stop posting iPhone pictures on the blog, but I am lazier than you know and it's much easier to email myself the photo than it is to upload it onto my computer.

Anywho, our Flor tiles arrived Wednesday night, and we are so excited to put them together!  Here's a sneak peek:


Just look at them compared to our other rugs! It looks like the beach--albeit a modular, Tetris-inspired, very square-edged beach--was transported to our floor.

I also have stellar news. On our nice hardwoods, the brand-spanking new Flor tiles (with their attached pad) are surprisingly cushy. It's definitely not the same cushiness level as a high-pile fancy-pants carpet, but it's definitely comfortable.

After a bit of back and forth, Husband agreed/conceded/was bullied into agreeing that rotating one of the striped tiles 90 degrees was the best way to go. We'll do a final check when we lay out the entire design, but I'd be surprised if I didn't have an OCD panic attack about the stripes not lining up and demand that they be rotated. It's not that I require them to match, actually. It's just that I think the non-aligning stripes draw the eye to the modular design in a negative way. I prefer to work with that aspect rather than have it work against me.

 In true Philirao fashion, we'll "installing" our rug this evening after work.

New Couch will arrive between 9:30 and 12:30 on Saturday, and we'd rather install the rug when we only have one couch to move, but before Sad Elephant departs next week. Because we're crazy and excited and want to stop blogging about doing things and actually do them. Since we planned to do this starting yesterday, and I have already read the instructions and viewed instructional videos multiple times, we're mentally ready to do this after 8 hours of work (and a huge high-profile event here at my place of employment).

I kind of feel like a superhero. A design superhero.

No comments: